YAP SIN YEE
An independent and self-motivated computer science graduate with proficient programming skills, particularly in web development and machine learning. A strong link between theory and practice from a BSc, practical internship and freelance web development job.
“Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.”
- Web Development (Front end/Back-end web application, website)
- Machine Learning (Modelling and simulation)
- Bioinformatics (Neuroimaging analysis, sequence alignment)
- Database Management (MySQL, SPSS, MongoDB)
- Statistics (Results visualization)
- Others (Communication, teamwork, critical thinking)
PRIME MINISTER’S OFFICE, STRATEGIC COMMUNICATION OFFICER | January 2022 – Current
PERDANA FELLOW TO PRIME MINISTER | October 2021 – December 2021
Perdana Fellow to prime minister
Mentor: Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri bin Yaakob (9th Prime Minister of Malaysia)
Perdana Fellowship is a prestigious and competitive programme aims to provide young Malaysians a first-hand experience in matters of national governance.
- Under this programme, Perdana Fellows are placed under the purview of Ministers to assist in the highest form of governance.
- In Prime Minister’s Office (PMO), I was given the opportunity to work with the departments in PMO: Senior Private Secretary to PM (SUSK), Economy, Management, Policy, International Affairs, Parliament & Cabinet, Politics, and lastly Media & Strategic Communication department.
MONASH UNIVERSITY MALAYSIA | April 2021 – September 2021
Full Time Research Assistant
Project Title: Identifying Neuropsychiatric Disorders from Brain Functional Networks Using Deep Learning
Funding Body: SIT Collaborative Research Seed Grant 2021
Supervisor: A/Prof. Ting Chee Ming
School of Information Technology, Monash University Malaysia
AIBIG RESEARCH GROUP @ UNIVERSITI TEKNOLOGI MALAYSIA | Sept 2020 – Jan 2021
Full Time Research Assistant
- Penalized SVM Cluster for Selecting Informative Functional Connectivity in Psychiatric Disorders
- Machine Learning of Gene Expression Data for Cancer Classification
- Optimization for Modular Housing Design Model
Supervisor: Dr. Chan Weng Howe
Artificial Intelligence & Bioinformatics Group, UTM
BRAIN MAPPING UNIT @ UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE | September 2019 – January 2020
Research Intern (Neuroimaging Analysis)
Projects Title: Convolutional Autoencoder Producing Latent Representation For Functional Connectivity Study of Autism Spectrum Disorder
Supervisor: Prof. John Suckling
Brain Mapping Unit, Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge
ADVANX HEALTH | June 2020 – August 2020
OTHER PREVIOUS JOBS | Before 2020
(Oct – Dec 2018)
Web App Developer
Petrosains Sdn Bhd
(June 2018 – August 2018)
Referee & Workshop Speaker
Soka Gakkai Malaysia – Magazine
(Jan 2013 – Dec 2015)
Microsoft Certified: Azure AI Engineer Associate
Earning the Azure AI Engineer Associate certification validates the skills and knowledge required to build, manage, and deploy AI solutions that leverage Azure Cognitive Services, Azure Cognitive Search, and Microsoft Bot Framework. Candidates understand the components that make up the Azure AI portfolio.
Microsoft Certified: Azure AI Fundamentals
Earners of the Azure AI Fundamentals certification have demonstrated foundational knowledge of machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) concepts and related Microsoft Azure services.
Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
Earners of the Azure Fundamentals certification have demonstrated foundational level knowledge of cloud services and how those services are provided with Microsoft Azure.